Friday, January 10, 2020

Welcome to the Visual Rhetoric 2020 Course Blog!

Hi there! This blog is a collaborative project that we sustain all semester as we try to figure out what "visual rhetoric" is and how we can better understand the "visual culture" in which we live. You will each have a turn to manage this online environment by posting found images, contemporary case studies involving visual communication, and --of course-- your astute observations on the course readings that will delight the class and viewers around the world!

Fig 1:  Image from ENGL 3920 Spring 2020 Course Syllabus 
To get started, let's introduce ourselves! Please take a moment to comment on this post by saying hello and telling us a little about yourself. Include a picture that illustrates something about YOU (but don't tell us why you chose the picture that you did).

I'll start. Hello everyone! I am Professor Vinson. I have been teaching writing for about a decade. I was born and raised in a desert so I love the heat (and miss it terribly right about now). I am really looking forward to teaching Visual Rhetoric again. I think there are some very interesting things happening in our visual culture right now. I can't wait to discuss it with you!


Fig 2: She-Ra, the heroine of a 1980s cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment